Whether you are starting a new non-profit, building a young organization, or working to sustain a long-established organization, you (and your board) may need some help in connecting your mission and programs to community resources and funding.
We can help with that.
Every non-profit is looking for grant funding, but not every non-profit is ready to go looking for grants. Our consultants can help you develop your program – or your organization – and help get you in the best possible shape to find – and get – charitable dollars.
For more than fifteen years, we have been providing consulting services to Iowa non-profits that include:
- Board Retreat facilitation
- S.W.O.T. Analysis of organizations and programs
- Mission, Vision, and Values Assessment
- Board development and training for fundraising
- Organization and Program Annual Budget development
- Creating donor-friendly annual reports and communication pieces
- Crafting case statements for capital and endowment campaigns
- Writing fundraising letters and developing direct mail requests
- Special Event planning with theatrical flair
- Developing sponsorship packages and fundraising toolkits
- Website development
- Copywriting for marketing materials, social media, newsletters, blogs, and other online communications
Consultant Lisa Norris-Lynner has received training in the Iowa Principles and Practices for Charitable Non-Profit Excellence. She can help your organization move towards greater compliance with the Principles and Practices, now required by many Iowa grantors.
With more than 40 years of collective experience in arts education program development and implementation, our consultants can help your organization create, develop or re-invigorate programming that will not only help you better serve the community, but also demonstrate its effectiveness in a way that will help you get it funded. We look at a program in three ways:
- As artists, we want to help ensure that you are delivering experiences with merit and quality that align with your mission, vision and values.
- As educators, we want to help ensure that your program participants are learning, and that you have tools in place to track and report their progress.
- As business people with both for-profit and non-profit management experience, we want to help you create a program model that makes sense to donors, with clear objectives and a high level of transparency and accountability for how funds are being used.
Our consultants can work with your organization on a variety of aspects of program development including:
- Community/constituent needs assessment
- Overall program model design
- Budget research and development
- Evaluation design for results-based accountability
- Staff development – particularly for teaching artists
- Locating (and helping you apply for) seed money to help launch new programs
For more information, or to arrange for a consultation, please visit our Contact page.