A grant proposal is a story. It tells the prospective grantor:
- Who you are
- What need you serve in the community
- What you plan to achieve with the money you’re requesting
- How you will measure your success.
The most compelling stories are the ones that get funded. Who better to help you tell your story than a professional storyteller?
Lisa’s Norris-Lynner has been writing successful grant proposals and helping non-profit organizations with fund development for more than twenty years. Her specialty is obtaining grants for arts, cultural, and educational programs, but she has also worked with youth development organizations, historical societies, environmental organizations, and organizations that protect and care for animals.
Lisa never takes a contract unless she can connect passionately to your organization’s mission.
Lisa’s Grantwriting Services include:
- Finding You Opportunities for Funding: Lisa understands how to research funding sources and match an organization with grant opportunities most likely to yield charitable dollars.
- Budget Development: As someone with project and non-profit management experience, Lisa understands budgeting and can help you explain to funders where the money goes and why.
- Program Development and Evaluation Design: As someone with experience in education and curriculum development, Lisa understands Results-Based Accountability – she can help your organization define performance measures, set up assessment procedures, and craft a logic model to show grantors how you establish your goals and measure your success.
- Grants Management and Reporting: When you get your grant, Lisa can help you set up tracking procedures to manage your funding and report your progress back to the funder.
Need Arts and Education Funding?
As an artist, Lisa understands why arts organizations need funding. More importantly, she knows how to find and use the research can craft a compelling case for why communities need the arts.
Lisa genuinely cares about arts education – particularly programs that serve children and people who have limited access to culture. She knows that the arts have value, and wants to ensure that artists in the community are compensated for their talents. She understands the importance of education, and has seen firsthand how arts education can be a life-changing experience for children.
Track Record and Ethics
Lisa has an excellent success rate for getting grants funded. One reason for this is that she never takes on projects indiscriminately. The grants process is highly competitive, and Lisa will always be honest with you about your chances for getting a grant. While she cannot guarantee that every single proposal she writes will yield huge dollars, Lisa will never waste her time – or your money – writing a proposal that has no hope of being funded.
Working only part time, on a part-time contracted basis, Lisa has helped many Iowa non-profits obtain millions of dollars dollars in grant funding from local, state, and national sources including:
- The National Endowment for the Arts
- U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- The Iowa Arts Council
- The Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs
- Humanities Iowa
- The Iowa Department of Natural Resources
- The Iowa Department of Public Health
- Bank of America Charitable Foundation
- Wells Fargo
- Target Foundation
- General MIlls Foundation
- Staples Foundation
- Bank of the West Foundation
- Voya (formerly ING) Foundation
- Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino
- Principal Financial Group Foundation
- Aviva Charitable Foundation
- Meredith Corporation Foundation
- West Bancorporation Foundation
- Bravo of Greater Des Moines
- The Greater Des Moines Community Foundation
- Story County Community Foundation
- Warren County Philanthropic Partnership
- Jasper County Foundation
- Polk County Board of Supervisors
- Alliant Energy Foundation
- Maytag Family Foundation
- The Iowa Womens’ Foundation
- Chrysalis Foundation
- Nationwide Insurance Foundation
- Gannett Foundation
- United Ways of Central Iowa, Story, Jasper, Mahaska, and Wapello Counties
And many more!
Need Help with a Grant?
At present, Lisa accepts new clients on a very limited basis. However, if you think your organization would benefit from her grantwriting expertise and would like to know more, please visit our Contact page.